Sunday, September 25, 2011

Poem: Wo kehte hai...

Bookmark and Share

I haven't written anything original in a long long time and had been out of touch of this side of myself. There's been a lot of upheavals in past couple of years and now I stand at a cross-road in my life. One road turns my life around & makes my life worth living. The other one just continues on the same path I've been trading so far, if not more treacherous. Catch is, which path I get to walk on - that is not up to me anymore.

Uncertain Couples

Anyway, one line was in my mind since last Friday. And while I was lazing on my bed this morning, that one line lead to other lines and it took the form of a shayari (romantic poem). And I myself was surprised that it turned out to be quite good without much effort. [Surprised 'coz I always sucked at poetry.] Check it out -


वो कहते है उन्हें भी प्यार है मुझसे, पर सामने आते है तो नज़रे भी नहीं मिलाते.
उन्हें तो है यकीन मेरे प्यार पे, पर अपने प्यार का वो मुझे यकीन नहीं दिलाते.
कभी वो मेरा हाथ थामे, मेरी बाहों में समाये तो मेरे दिल को भी सुकून पोहोचे.
पता चले ये कभी ना होना है तो सोचेंगे - काश उनके रहने के लिए अपने टूटे दिल को ना सिलाते.
#Mo


For those who can't read Hindi but can understand it -
Wo kehte hai unhe bhi pyar hai mujhse, par samne aate hai to nazre bhi nahi milate.
Unhe to hai yakeen mere pyar pe, par apne pyar ka wo mujhe yakeen nahi dilate.
Kabhi wo mera hath thaame, meri baho me samaye to mere dil ko bhi sukun pohoche.
Pata chale ye kabhi naa hona hai to sochenge - kash unke rehne ke liye apne tuute dil ko naa silate.
#Mo


English translation -
She says she loves me too, but doesn't even look at me when we come across.
She has faith in my love but doesn't make an effort to make me believe in her love.
When she'll hold my hands, come in my embrace, my heart will find its peace.
If it turns out that's not meant to be, I'd repent - shouldn't have glued together pieces of my broken heart for her to live in.
#Mo


I do have an alternate last line, which goes like this -
हिंदी -> पता चले ये कभी ना होना है तो सोचेंगे - काश अपने प्यार का इज़हार हम जुबा पे ही ना लाते.
Eng -> Pata chale ye kabhi naa hona hai to sochenge - kash apne pyar kaa izhaar hum zuba pe hi naa laate.
Translated -> If it turns out that's not meant to be, I'd repent - shouldn't have confessed my love to her.


Let me know how do you like it and which last line do you recommend.
Cross roads of relation